Sunday, February 4, 2007

Add Your Blog to Technorati

Just a quick post today. I wanted to talk about adding your blog to Technorati. This is super-easy to do and adds more functionality to your pages. By going to the site, you complete a simple registration and then claim your blogs. I chose to claim my blog by inserting a simple string of javascript code they provide into my template. You can do this by adding it directly into the html, but I found it easier to insert as an html page element, then I could easily move it around to find what best works for me.

Not only does this help your pages get noticed (and more traffic >> more AdSense ad exposure >> more AdSense clicks!), but if you have the "notify weblogs" checked in blogger, your new posts are automatically added. Additionally, by going to technorati you can customize the widget displayed on your pages without ever mucking with the code embedded in your page again. For instance, I chose to use the widget to display a search box and a "Blogs that link here" link for added fuctionality. I chose to not display a link to my profile because frankly a couple of my blogs require a complete over-haul and are a bit of an embarrassment (read: what I'll be doing for the rest of the day!), but I can easily add the link once the over-haul's are complete.

Play around with it and see if it doesn't add more flavor to your site and hopefully bring in more revenue too!

No comments: